Thursday, September 24, 2009

Daddy's Camera

I love my dad. He's one of my biggest role models and he's just a plain old dork too. When I was little he read to me every night (we brought the Hardy Boys, Happy Hollisters and Nancy Drew back). Now we love to watch 1960 era cult classic British spy shows (Avengers- yes please!). Whenever I have a question he'll do all this research to find the answer. Plus he's a copy editor so he can correct all my school papers before I hand them in, just like a grammar fairy! Before my dad worked at Staples Promotional Products he used to work for the news papers around the Orange City area. Of course, back in those days, when you were a writer you were also a photographer for that assignment. I recently pulled out my dad's old camera and am starting to learn to shoot with it. I love learning how to use the film camera and I love that it only has a 50 mm lens, so that when I go to adjust the focus, I can see it focus in the viewfinder before I take the picture(the beacon's canon rebel doesn't have that very important feature). I shot my first half role of film and am very excited to get those pictures and the mystery ones left on the film role back. Today I learned how to change the film, but I'm not sure if I can do it again. I'll just have to ask my mom again. :) Anyways, I'm very excited to show you all my film pictures when I get them back. I love old cameras, thanks Daddy!

p.s. I also love my mom tons and tons too. She gave me the creative streak that I'm now trying to tap into more and she gave me some great eyes (but with Dad's horrible prescription)!

have I mentioned that i love this lens?


No comments:

Post a Comment