Saturday, August 15, 2009

Eden

So, the other day I was taking care of Langdon and I went to go get him over at the park. When I got there, he was pulling down big branches off the trees. Being semi-hippie, I started giving him a firm talking to. I explained that the earth is in an environmental crisis and that God's largest charge to Adam in the garden (after follow me and no fruit) was to take care of the creation around him. Impressing upon him this very important fact, Langdon said a startling thing. "Katie, I think I know why they haven't found Eden," he said, "I think it's all around us." What an interesting concept. While it might not be true, what if we started to treat the whole earth as if it was the garden of paradise. Would we start to appreciate the unique features of every landscape? Would we work harder to find less impactful ways to do things. Would we strive to stay organic and give back when we take? How different would the world be if we had tried to treat it like the wost wonderful thing and the most lovely paradise ever? What if the whole world is Eden?


As always, here's some pics from the last few days. I have so much to blog about! Except the picture uploader is not working at all. So I guess I'll just put up a bunch of pictures in a few days. Have a great day and enjoy the sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment